Your gentle touch, your tender care. A smile as bright as sunshine; a heart of no compare.
A spirit that will glow forever, in the memories that we share.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Vantage Point

Having just returned from Chicago, I asked Devin what his favorite part of the trip was.  "Serious Tower," he says, proud that he renamed the already-renamed iconic building that looms above the city and now boasts four sky boxes with clear glass floors that jut out from the side of the building.  "Of course!" I said, and then wondered aloud to him, "Do you think Aidan would have gone in the sky box with you and Finn?"

Once again, he reminded me that he and Aidan are (and always will be) kindred spirits.  "Mom," he said to me, all teacher-like, "Aidan was there.  Renember?  Angels are invisible."

A pointed reminder that I need to try to see life, for what it is and what it isn't, through the eyes of my five-year-old, as I search for peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment